Sunday, September 10, 2006

Mind Map: My Back Yard

After much consideration of many themes, including gardens, castles, water and stone, I decided to narrow down the garden theme and concentrate on one - my back yard.

Close to hand, it means that I can observe changes through the seasons, as well as explore a variety of subjects, including individual plants, general views, structures and the creatures who dwell in, and visit, my yard.

Having done the mind map, I'm convinced that this theme is right for me and am looking forward to collecting images and other ideas on my inspiration board (once I get one!).

6 Comments:

Blogger Lara Lorelei said...

I kept coming back to a theme that was "close to home" too, I decided I'll get far more out of something that's accessible, and yet changes over time.

Claire xx

5:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It's beautiful!

1:42 am  
Blogger emhowl said...

I do like this idea, Linda. I;m very tempted by it for myself. It's something you do naturally, anyway, isn't it? At present, I'm observing how the sun varies in the garden with the seasons!

9:42 am  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Thanks Deborah :> I had a look around my yard yesterday - surprising how many small things I noticed... like a spider in his web and a brown leaf nestled amongst the lavender. And looking at the seasons definitely appeals, as well as weather - we're in the midst of a thunder storm here, and my yard is full of puddles!

hugs, Linda.

8:45 pm  
Blogger emhowl said...

Just looking at your creatures, Linda, do you ever get frogs and hedgehogs? I'm very partial to our frogs.

9:32 pm  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Sadly no. No frogs or hedgehogs - no grass or pond to entice them in!
Shame, 'cos I love frogs too...
hugs, Linda.

5:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home