Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pencil Drawing


This is my first batch of pencil drawings! This morning I had to go to a nearby town (on a fruitless quest for a costume for a show I'm in!) and there's a disused cemetery there that I've been meaning to visit for ages. So, as I was going anyway I grabbed a sketchbook, pencil and camera and headed off with glee! It's real haven, this cemetery, it's managed by a local group (as a pocket park) who are gradually working on it, putting in benches, clearing up etc. There's loads of established trees including several big hollies with berries and lots of squirrels too. As I stood sketching something up in the tree above was cracking and fidgetting about and a shower of nut shells came raining down! LOL Anyway, I'm rambling! I really enjoyed the drawing much more than I thought I would! I tried extra hard not to judge what I was doing, just to get on and do it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

I so love the ivy detail

2:12 pm  
Blogger Jill said...

fabulous Maz
xxx

10:41 pm  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Thanks, guys! :o)

Maz x

9:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home