Friday, October 20, 2006

Bowl Drawing


I want to make a hand-carved stamp with a simplified hand holding a bowl symbol, so I decided to see what a more realistic version would look like first.

It is impossible to hold a bowl in front of the mirror and sketch effectively, so I had to work from memory/imagination and am amazed I managed it!

This started with pencil, then ink and now coloured pencils. I have done it in Linda's Drawing AB along with another drawing.

So, I have achieved two goals tonight and feel sooo good about that!

Kari x
www.inkytinker.blogspot.com

6 Comments:

Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

oh, that's a lovely piece of work Kari - if only I could get maintain proportions like you do

10:27 pm  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Oh this is beautiful!!! I'm even more delighted to see such wonderful work knowing it's in my book!!! Thank you SO much Kari. Am amazed at how you managed to get all the proportions right etc. from recall - I love drawing from memory but never seem to get it right.
hugs, Linda.

4:50 pm  
Blogger Jill said...

gorgeous, gorgeous !!!

5:12 pm  
Blogger Kim said...

The proportions are good but I love the detail and shading in the bowl - pulls me in. Lovely.

6:11 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

What a beautiful drawing I love it

3:35 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

Cool, thanks everyone. Sometimes, it just works, other times it doesn't. I thoroughly enjoyed this and am glad that what I had in my head came out successfully.

hugs,
Kari x

8:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home