Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Challenge 3 collage

For this challenge, I considered decorating the almond tree in my yard with xmas baubles but decided that may take too long! In the end, I went for a collage.

The main photo is of my yard (my theme) last winter. The background is an effect that I used on a photo of brickwork; Love and Peace are black and white photos of the 2 stones that sit at the base of my almond tree (in the main photo covered in snow so invisible!); and the fairy is an altered photo of the small statuette, also in my yard. I used silver pen to add snow, although not all the highlights on the photos show up in the scan. The scan doesn't show the 3D aspect of the collage either - all the images are raised using various thicknesses of foam pads.

Fun to do, and I beat the deadline ;>

7 Comments:

Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

That's a great idea and very well executed

8:26 pm  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Thank you ;)

8:31 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

it's stunning Linda, I just love the idea

2:19 pm  
Blogger Jill said...

Lovely, lovely picture - mmm wonderful feeling of the crisp winter mornings and cosy indoors :)

3:35 pm  
Blogger Lara Lorelei said...

Beautiful and so seasonal, I do hope you're planning on sending this as your Christmas card this year!!

7:21 pm  
Blogger Kim said...

It's lovely Linda! Now that the snow is gone here I appreciate the wintry scene that much more.

8:00 am  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Thank you all so much!!! Looks like I might have an idea for cards too, lol ;>

hugs, Linda.

12:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home