Thursday, November 09, 2006

Alis' Challenge 2


Drawing free hand is not something I do very often or well, I can't get my eye coordinated with my hand.
I say freehand as I used to do technical drawing when I was at school and found that easier. So you can understand why I was drawn (no pun intended) to the patterns on these pots made by the Anasazi Indians.

The original pots are grey and black so they worked well in the pencil.
I love the shapes of the pots, the patterns on them and the way the tones of black and grey create the textures.

My Dad arrived while I was drawing this. He is a beautiful artist. Your drawing is improving he said. My head is now very big!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

Oh - well done you! Gorgeous pots and some fatherly praise

6:18 pm  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Ooh, beautiful designs, fantastic. You've done really well, so pleased your dad thinks so too :)

4:15 pm  
Blogger Kim said...

Nicely done. Simple designs can have such power. Congrats on the parental praise - always a good thing!

4:23 pm  
Blogger Katrina said...

I love those pots, great drawing

5:22 pm  
Blogger Lara Lorelei said...

I've got a brilliant artist or a dad too, some times this is so inspiring other times its really intimidating.

I agree with him- the drawing is lovely

12:15 pm  
Blogger Alis Clair said...

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I will continue to practice the drawing in the hope it will get easier.
Hugs, Alis

10:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home