Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Challenge #2


I had a lovely weekend 10 days ago now at Missenden Abbey about 20 minutes from where I live.

The weekend is titled "Advanced Textiles and Embroidery" and intended for people who have been through City and Guilds who want to develop their work further. The weekend has a core of regular participants- I've been going for close to 5 years now, and people who come on a more infrequent basis. The tutor is Hilary Bower, who doesn't teach, she mentors the group giving lots of one to one advice and support over the weekend. The other benefit is the wonderful group of people who all encourage and support each other with advice, materials and new ways of doing things.

I spent my weekend drawing this rather beautiful seedpod as part of my CJ. I drew everything from small sections to groups of patterns that I saw in it, and the above section. This is the conclusion of this challenge, but not the pencil drawing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

I love the rhythm of this drawing and it gives me a sense of peace - thank you

8:18 pm  
Blogger Kim said...

I, too, like the simplicity of the design.

3:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home