Friday, January 26, 2007

Challenge 4 Katrina


This it what I have come up with for challenge 4 .I made a stamp out of the pizza base of the logo of Imperial Airways and then stamped it 4 times using paint on a painted blue background. I then printed out the banner ( I did intend to cut those out of the pizza base as well but thought I would have trouble getting a clean stright edge with such small letters ) The inspiration for the piece was an Imperial Airways luggage tag.

I was amazed with the quality of the print you get from the pizza base and I am sure I will use this technique again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

I love the clarity of this and the colour combination is fabulous. I'm gald you liked using the pizza base - so good to re use and save money too

5:10 pm  
Blogger Linda D. said...

This is lovely, that print works so well. I found that you can also use the polystyrene as a stencil - not that you'd have wanted to use it for all those letters, lol, but if in future you just want a couple then it might be worth considering.

9:03 am  
Blogger Jill said...

This is fabulous and as Laura says so clear. I am surprised it worked so well. It looks really, really good :D

6:14 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

This looks fabulous - great result, eh?

Hugs
Kari x
www.inkytinker.typepad.com

1:35 pm  
Blogger Kim said...

Great print! I was surprised at the versatility of the polystyrene. Now, the trick is remembering to use it.

4:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home